Corsair Community

bad 512mb stick

smiley2318

I just installed a VS512MB400 module into my system to match the other 512MB pc 3200 module in there. The system ran perfect for a few days, then the system started locking up and not responding to anything other than restarting it. So i restarted the computer by the power button. System still locks up after just 1-2 minutes. I now have the new Corsair ram module removed and system runs perfect. I did a virus and spyware scan. both came up clean. I bought the module on Newegg.com and was wandering what i could do to get an RMA or a replacement DIMM. Thank you

Smiley2318

• Corsair Employees

With just the new modules installed please load optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings to "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Also what is the part # of both modules?

Archived