Corsair Community

Bad Dual channel chip?

Sith105

I'm not really sure when it stopped working. My computer was running slower than usual on a game. While checking Hardware we found that the computer would not turn on when stick of ram(A) was in it alone, it only made a terrible noise that sounded like an old modem. However when stick of ram(B) was in it alone it would turn on and run. If stick A and B were in at the same time it would run aswell. The type of ram I'm using is 512mb DDR-SDRAM 16x(32Mx8) PC3200.

Corsair Value Select: Vs512mb400 0312813 16x(32Mx8) pc3200 2.5-3-3-8

Mainboard: Abit

Model: NF7-s/NF7 (NVidia-nForce2)

Version: 2.x

FSB: 2X 166mhz (332mhz data rate)

Max FSB: 2X 200mhz/ 2x 200mhz

Width 64-bit

Processor: AMD Athlon xp 2600+

Speed 2.08ghz

Not sure exactly what you want from bios settings I've never messed with it, everything is on default or factory settings.

• Corsair Employees

With this CPU you will need to run the memory at DDR333, sorry but this is a chipset limitation. Please try these settings and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 7T

To set memory frequency to 100%, I dont have a % value its fraction values such as 5/5 5/4 and such, is 5/5 the same as 100%? not sure if I had a 1/1 option. I'll check and then read the board to wait for your reply. Just to make sure I dont think it was labeled memory frequency, if its not is there another name for that option in bios?

Archived