Corsair Community

ASUS P4C 800 Deluxe with two sets of Memory

Sadjuuk

Hey guys, wondering if you could help shed some light on a problem of mine. I have had my asus P4C 800 Deluxe mobo and two sticks of CMX512-3200C2 ram for about 2 years. I recently picked up two more sticks of CMX1024-3200C2PT in order to add them in and combine for 3 gigs of memory. That isn't happening however. When I install all 4 sticks in, the system doesn't load, and im left with a black screen. Both pairs work fine without the other set, although when the new CMX1024-3200C2PTs is installed load up brings me a message that overclocking failed and that should i manually take care of it or load system defaults. I chose the second option.

Anyways, I would love to have all the memory running, and wondering if it is a timing issue or an incapatability issue. Hope I gave you guys enough info, and all information is greatly appriciated.

Oh well, guess that forces me to upgrade even more! Ha, anways, thanks for the info, saved me from running through bios like a mad man. Quick question, why does it try to overclock my cpu when I use the new sticks? Am I getting less out of my memory if it is failing that cpu overclock test? If these are noob questions, i apologize. Thanks again.

Archived