Corsair Community

Replacement RAM is also Bad! TWINX1024-3200XL

Hurin

TWINX1024-3200XL (XMS3208v1.2)

Okay, I think I'm cursed.

I was issued a replacement set of TWINX1024-3200XL due to this problem.

The RAM arrived about a week ago. But I hadn't had a chance to install it until now.

Upon swapping in the new RAM, the computer (Abit IC7-MAX3 motheboard) would not POST. It wouldn't even give me the good "beep" that usually means "all is well." I cleared the CMOS and got the "beep" but it still wouldn't display anything on the screen even though the screen active light went from amber to green.

I isolated the problem to one of the modules by booting with only one at a time. One works fine. The other still gives the problem above.

I then replicated this on my Abit IS7 motherboard in a different computer as well. Though, in this case, it's slightly different in that I actually do see something on the screen, but it's garbled when using the bad DIMM.

So, I think it's pretty clear that I somehow got yet another bad set of RAM. Of course, this time, Memtest isn't possible since it won't even post with the bad module installed. I'm starting to feel like I'm a bit cursed now. :)

It looks to me like I need yet another RMA number so that we can try this again. No hard feelings of course. Though, shipping is starting to get a bit expensive. :D:

Thanks!

Hurin

Archived