Corsair Community

Memtest Errors in CMX512-3200C2PT Pair

KurtF

I believe I have some bad memory and would like to RMA it and get a replacement.

I have a matched pair of MCX512-3200C2PT running on an Asus A7N8X Rev 2.0 MB (1008 bios - but I've tried other revisions as part of my testing) with an AMD 2800+.

I have run through all the timings recommended on this forum and while running Memtest I get errors in the upper reaches of the memory.

I have tried about every setting/combo (voltages etc..) imagineable on the MB to see if that makes a difference and it doesn't seem to help.

Please let me know what the next step is to return this.

Thanks,

Kurt

• Corsair Employees

With this MB and CPU you would need to run the memory at DDR333, this is a chipset limitation.

Please try these settings and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and then modules should be in slots 2-3 as well.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

System Performenace: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

This board is a 400 FSB, no chipset limitation here. Corsair's website says so, so does this one. My memory clearly says 400MHz on it as well. My A7N8X box says 400.

I went back and re-read my post to see where any confusion might have come from and I left out the word Deluxe. I have the A7N8X Deluxe Rev. 2.0.

I need to send the memory back.

Kurt

• Corsair Employees
Yes this MB will support DDR400 but only with a 200 MHz FSB CPU. With this platform if you run the memory at DDR400 with a 166 MHz CPU it will cause a bottleneck in the chipset and may generate errors that are not from the memory. Please try the settings I gave you, if you have a failing module it will normally fail no matter what frequency you have them at.

Archived