Corsair Community

Un-matching Ram run slow

splinter83

Hi, I'm ERIC from malaysia. I have a system that come with corsair 512MB CMX3200C2 Pro series Single channel. This system is running fine a year ago untill now, but i decide to upgrade it to 1GB and dual channel mode.

I make an order from a local shop, same stick same spec 2 week ago. I bring back the new ram and install it. RUnning fine in 1GB. But after i do some checking on bios and CPUZ, i found that both ram are running at 333 5:4 instead of 400 1:1. So what can i do now? I still a student and spent all my saving on this ram, i dont wish that this is what i get.

Please help.

For more info, the old ram is REV1.0 and the New ram is REV5.2(If remember correctly). I do ask the salesman is there any problem if the REV is different? He say no as long as u running same brand and spec, u be fine.

Apologize for my bad english. Thank for viewing

Enermax 480W coolergiant

P4 HT 3.0Ghz 800

MSI 875P Neo FIS2R PCB1.0

Corsair 512mbx2 PC3200C2 Pro LED (but running at 333 5:4):[pouts:

WD 40GB hard drive

Liteonit DVD and CDRW

• Corsair Employees

You will need to manually set the memory frequency and timings with miss-matched memory. With this MB all of the modules would need to be exactly matched both in part# and revision. Please try these settings and then test your system with http://www.memtest.org to be sure it's stable.

Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts

Memory Frequency: 200MHz/DDR400

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 7T

I already try the currect setting but still running 333. And with 333 dual channel VS single stick 512mb super Pi has been increasing from 43s to 49s:[pouts: .

What can i do next? Should i report to Malaysia corsair distributor CUDO Sdn Bhd? This my 1st time having a Corsair Ram and also PRO series is cool and really make me proud as an owner of it dreaming to have them but really dint aspect this.

RAMGUY,

Can i ask the shop where i bought RMA for me? Or get the local distributor RMA for me?

As if RMA myself, i from malaysia, how to send both RAM to RMA address?Any safety advice to prevent loss? Cause these ram is from all my saving $. :)

Thank RAM GUY. I'm very happy to hear that. As also today is my birthday too.

I will contact Malaysia Cudo Technologies about the RMA. So now do i still need to request online RMA form? And another problem, which stick of ram do i need to RMA? I also would like to know what action will Corsair take about my case? Replacing the RAM or? Sorry for asking too much, cause i need to explain it to my father.

And also at your 1st post, u saying that my current MB need exactly same rev and part #. So how if Corsair test group cant get the problem i facing?Cause they may not using the same MB as i do.

Edit:

Here is the ram part number from CPUZ

Thanks

slot1.jpg.cb2f6d7f1e11a3f571327401183a74a8.jpg

Slot3.jpg.84649f403dcfa23da359071a76077065.jpg

To: RAM GUY

Just call up CUDO technology Malaysia corsair distributor. They ask me bring the RAM to them, they will test it. Can i ask them directly contact you regarding my case if they dont understand what my problem.

Any charges for replacing both module since i bought them in single pair with different time in between these 2 years.

January 2004

CMX512-3200C2 PRO

xms3202V.1.0

Octokber 2005

CMX512-3200C2 PRO

xms3202V.5.2

0535011-0

• Corsair Employees
That is not really a warranty issue. Officially we only guarantee two modules when you purchase them as a Twinx set. More than likely they will test them one at a time and they will pass one up. You will more than likely have to go directly to our customer service and make the request to get both replaced for a matched set. 888-222-4346.

That is not really a warranty issue. Officially we only guarantee two modules when you purchase them as a Twinx set. More than likely they will test them one at a time and they will pass one up. You will more than likely have to go directly to our customer service and make the request to get both replaced for a matched set. 888-222-4346.

I getting confuse already. 1st you ask me to send those RAM to RMA and will get replaced. Now u saying that i need to go directly to corsair customer service and make the request to get both replaced for a matched set.

My question is easy

1) Is there a chance to replace them for a matched set?

2) If yes, since as u mention corsair only gurantee two modules if they are Twinx set, so do i need to pay for the replaced set?

3) Or can customer service drop me an email regarding my case and what should i do, of course if there charges for it, please state it as well.

Pls understand that, i need to calculate and reconsider if there extra charges for the replacement. Cause i been checking for the shipping from Malaysia to US is kinda expensive. I ok if there no charges for replace but if it has, shipping + replacement charges will be overprice and it will take at lease a month or more for the RMA from malaysia. I bought the new module at RM370. Shipping already cost me RM80-RM100.

I would like the customer service if can drop me an email or what, cause my phoneline is local call only, i cant make oversease call.

Sorry for the troublesome, pls understand.

Thank you MR RAM GUY

Contact their cust service via email.

Officially we only guarantee two modules when you purchase them as a Twinx set.
However, cust service may be able to override that policy and get them replaced by a TwinX pair. It's not guaranteed, but it may be possible. The RMA dept can't make that decision, only cust service can. Either way, I doubt they'd charge you for the modules. You'd only have to pay for shipping to Corsair in the USA, and they'll pay for return shipping.

Now, you may want to see what Malaysia Cudo Technologies will do first, as they may be able to help you out with this as well (and quicker since they're local).

Actually is there a way to contact the customer serv? By mail or? I cant make the call as my phoneline is limited to local area call only. No oversease call allowed.

As for CUDO Technology, I call them, i belive they wont do anything for it. The only thing they can do is send the ram back to US. That is why i need to confirm 1st, either can be replaced or what.Or else the shipping fee will be wasted somemore it take around 1month plus.

Actually, i post my problem at MSI.com.tw forums, a forumer ask me to seek help from here, he last time also having the same problem but he using laptop rams. The end, his ram been replaced into matched pair.

Ok,I pass both ram to Cudo Technologies Corsair distributor Malaysia today. A resit from CUDO. They will help me ship the rams

And also submit my RMA form to Georgette Robinson and receive a reply with RMA number.

http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=various017resize6zy.jpg

http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=various019resize5eb.jpg

http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=various022resize9ip.jpg

Thanks RAM GUY and WIRED for all the help and hope to receive my RAM asap. Thanks again.

TO RAM GUY

Can you help me check the status of my RMA RAM?

I pass my ram on monday (10-10-05)to corsair Malaysia distributor.

CUDO Technologies (Malaysia Corsair distributor)

RMA number : R0510885

Corsair RMA detail

RMA Number: R95097

Part Number: CMX512-3200C2PRO

Number of modules: 2

Thank You

OIC, i send an email to warranty@corsairmemory.com but no reply. Now i know why. hehe.. Thank for remind.

By the way, the RMA form is under my house address. But Ram send by CUDO Technologies, the technician from CUDO said that since it send by CUDO Technologies, the return will be to CUDO Technologies too

Is that correct? Cause i prefer send back to them. Because daytime mostly i not at home.

Appreciate your help. Thank again

• 1 month later...

I getting worry, i pass my ram to Cudo technologies Corsair distributor Malaysia, and they send it on 13-10-05. Until last week, i check with Corsair RMA team, they claim that havent receive my module. Its around 1month still not received? So i call up Cudo, the RMA technician told me that, he already track the package on the same day i called him, the package is already reached. I already sended 2 mail to Georgette Robinson, but still no reply yet.

All i need to know is, where the rams? Is corsair received yet? Any1 got any better suggestion what i should do?

Thanks

Sorry i cant remember the exact date. But its in between November 6-13. After receive the call from Cudo, i send an email to Georgette Robinson, until yesterday resend again another 1, untill now not yet reply. Well maybe he/she is busy. I dont mind. Just wanna make sure where the ram and how is it. Is abit problem for me, cause i cant contact corsair tru phone. Tat y email is the way to contact.

Somemore two side has different answer. 1 is sended n receive, another is not yet received. Tat y i worry. Sumore i using my frenz ram right now, but force to return him before dec 20:[pouts:

Archived