Corsair Community

VS1GBKIT400 and MSI K8N SLI

fourbg

RAM Guy,

I tried several searches, and while I got close, I don't think I found the answer to this question. In Win XP Pro, I am just starting the driver installation and update process, when I notice in the bios that my memory is recognized as DDR 333. I thought this memory kit was DDR400? I haven't made any bios changes regarding memory, leaving them as factory default. I don't plan to overclock, but would like the faster memory setting - any ideas?

Thanks!

I have the two sticks of 512 that came with the kit for 1 GB and I installed them in the two green slots (I think they are 1 and 3).

My bios is ver 3.6 dated July 15, 2005.

I have not used them one at a time, but will do that after posting this message and get back if the memory speed changes.

Thanks for the quick response guys!

• Corsair Employees
I would set the memory voltage to 2.75 Volts if you have not done so and if you still have problems see if there is a newer beta bios and try the modules in slots 2-4. Especially if the modules are passing memtest one up.

Guys,

So that was an interesting series of experiments. I tried changing the voltage and saw no change; other than big red warnings in the bios saying don't do it.

Then I started moving the sticks around in the slots, again violating the manual which says stay in the green slots. I put the sticks in slots one and two and presto I got my 400. However, I noticed that the latency timing changed. It now reads: Tcl: 2.5, Trcd: 3, Tras: 8, Trp: 3 at 2T timing. I know for certain that previously the Tras was at 7. Being happy that my memory is at 400 I am too lazy to go back and see what the prior timings were, but I thought I would mention it just in case it means something to you.

Thanks again for you help and quick response. I am sure glad I bought this memory as this kind of support merits an A+.

Archived