Corsair Community

Two bad Flash Voyager 2GB sticks

I have 2 2GB USB Flash Voyager modules that appear to be defective. I purchased these modules about 4 months ago, so the retailer will no longer accept them for return. The modules were working fine, and then about a week ago, they stopped mounting the drive letter when they were inserted into the USB slot. I noticed that when I inserted it in the past, it would say CORSAIR in new device popup. But, now it says PROLIFIC in the new device popup. I have followed the forum procedures for removing the device driver, unplugging the module, and letting it reload the proper device drive, but no luck. The modules are no longer able to be formatted, in either Windows or Linux. Windows attempts to format the modules and when it gets to 100%, it says "Drive format finished unsuccessfully". I have tried removing any partitions and also doing a data recovery using data recovery software, with no success. Please provide me with an RMA number, so I can proceed with a warranty return. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
I had the same thing happen to me, Corsair voyager 1GB was working fine and today I plugged it in and it said Prolific USB-Flash-Disk USB Device, can't reformat it cause it says that it's write protected, can't write to it, can't read from it, it doesn't know what file system it has, or the volume label. It pretty much don't work anymore. I was wondering if they made some utility or software that would put it back the way it was, at factory specs like new again. If anybody know of anything it would e appreciated. Thanks!!

Archived