Corsair Community

Bad memory??

brazenthru

I've had some corsair value select memory for my wifes computer, it has been running fine until recently. For some reason recently I constantly get BSOD. These are errors concerning the memory. So, I ran memtest on the memory and got errors on everything. What would make this happen all of a sudden? Any help is appreciated. I've ran the computer with the basics, no sound card no drivers but the video and reg windows drivers/ motherboard drivers as well but I don't think these could cause the problems I'm having.

brazenthru

I have some corsair value select that when I do a memtest on the memory it gives me nothing but errors, the screen is spammed by them. I've had the memory for about 3 mnths now and its worked fine up until about a week ago. At that point I started getting BSOD every 5 min or so and it would be a memory error of some sort. I took everything out of the computer besides the bare minimum and still get the same problems. Can this be a motherboard issue? seems like ram to me but I could be wrong.

Brazenthru

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Me and a friend got our memory from the same place and he seems to be having the same problem with his computer. Could this have been bad luck or a bad batch of RAM? I tested both sticks of ram seperately and they both are doing the same thing. I also had my computer checked by a local computer shop here called computer renaissance and they also say its a problem with the memory.

Brazenthru

Archived