Corsair Community

Bad stick of DDR 512 XMS

jascon

I've had this stick of ram for a little over 2 years and recently my computer would restart very often. At first the computer would run in windows for awhile and it would restart again and eventually restarting constantly during boot up. At first I thought it was a different hardware problem so I replaced the fan, powersupply, cpu and eventually the motherboard. I thought the problem would have been fixed when I replaced the motherboard, but I still got the same problem with the restarts. So I finally replaced the ram with a new stick and now my computer is finally running well. So I would like to try and get this stick replaced as it was working very well for the 2 years that I have had it. The model of the RAM is CMX512-3200C2.

• Corsair Employees
All of the modules you have in this system would all need to be exactly matced, both in part # and revision. Can you tell me the part# and revision # of all of the modules you have installed and the bios settings you have set for CPU and Memory? And please file out the signature info for your system spec.

Archived