Corsair Community

Quick Question about Warranty on Flash Voyager

Computer101

Hello fellow Corsair ppl, first time poster, and prolly not the last. Anyways…So my mom got me a 512mb Corsair Flash Voyager, for school and its awesome, compared to other drives such as SanDisk, it is waay faster for transferring files, and it was always dependable...

This was the problem: I have front USB ports on my case, and I used one of them for the flash drive, and I accidentally bumped it while it was plugged in and the rubber part of the drive went down while the part that was connected in the USB port remained straight. So I took it out immediately, and bent it back. To my surprise it still worked... for about 3days, when I took off the cap and the metal USB plug came with it. The cap worked so well when it came to sealing it from water, it took the metal part with it. So I'm back to my 128mb POS SanDisk flashdrive. I would like to know if this is covered by the warranty or should I just kick myself for being clumsy and forget about it? thanks all in advance.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Yea, I alread read that, and where it says something like "the warranty will not cover anything that has been tampered with or shows physical damage.." so that was worrying me a bit. But alas, it is under warranty, so I shall fill out the RMA form. Thanks. :):

We will just have to inspect the drive. I would go ahead and submit the RMA request and then they will contact you if there is a problem replacing it.

Okay, well I sent in the RMA over 24hrs ago, and I have followed the link in your sig, and did everything it said to do. So they should reply to it and tell me what to do after that correct?

Srry bout the noob-like questions, I usually RMA things to newegg, but newegg wouldnt accept it, so its my first time here. :o:

You should get a reply by this afternoon. Our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday thru Friday excluding holidays.

Yep, I got one. :D:

Do I have to return everything in order to get my replacement? Because I lost my Lanyard that came with the drive, and it would really suck if I couldnt get it replaced. I have everything else though.. :o: Thanks again.

Archived