Corsair Community

MSI K8N Neo, CMX512-3200C2 vs. TWINX2048-3200C2

tobenator

I have the following problem: I ran 2 CMX512-3200C2 Modules with CL2-3-3-6-1T and the standard BIOS voltage without problems. The memory bus speed is set to be limited to 200MHz. In the hope to run the larger TWINX modules at the same latency, I purchased the TWINX2048-3200C2. After installing the modules, I performed a 'load optimized defaults' in the BIOS and applied the above latency settings. I experienced a number of blue screens, lockups, application freezes...., so I increased the voltage first to 2.7V and then to 2.75V. All to no avail. The modules are mounted in slots 1&3, but I've tried 1&2 as well with the same bad results. Interestingly, the TWINX modules cooperate with all voltage settings as long as I set the CL to 2.5. What do I have to do to get them to run at CL2, just like the CMX modules did?

(I know I didn't need to buy TWINX for this Socket 754 mainboard)

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS3200C2 Cass 2.5-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

The results of the testing are:

CL2.5: pass at 2.5 - 2.75 V :sunglasse

CL2.0: flunk at 2.5 - 2.75 V :[pouts:

Other timing settings were as posted previously.

Now, I know that the AMD test is done with CL2.5, but based on the newsflash on the corsair website, I was under the impression that all 3200C2 modules should run at CL2, even on AMD. Am I mistaken?

Archived