Corsair Community

Making dual channel work?

Dumbozo

Ok I have have a Abit Fatality SLI motherboard, it dose support dual channel ram.. I bought TWINK1024-3200XL memery put them in slots 1 and 2.. When i start up my system, it crashs at desktop in those slots, same with 3 and 4.. The slots are color coded, dimms 1 and 2 are black and dimms 3 and 4 are red.. In my user manual it says to run dual channel, ram needs to be in slots 1 and 2 or 3 and 4. The thing is with just one ram in, it works in all the slots, by its self, so i know that there is'nt somthing wrong with a slot.. The only way i can get both sticks in so my Pc will run is when they are in dimms 1 and 3.. I have CPU-Z it says its not running dual channel in those slots, butt nothing else works.. I have already contacted Abit many times about this nothing.... OMG I will love the person that can help me figure out how to get this ram running dual channel on this board.. Ok i might be the stupid one maybe i am missing somthing, is there somthing that enables dual channel, the voltage, and timeings are defalt..

Archived