Corsair Community

Are the new 2GB DDR XMS3500LL Pro TwinX sticks fully compatible with P4 systems too?

GForce

Hi RamGuy and all...

I've been checking out the spec and finally found a price on those brand new 2GB TWINX 2048 XMS3500LL PRO memory sticks... they look excellent... :bigeyes:

I've noticed you seem to be pushing them more in the direction of AMD 64 users... would there be any reason for me to think they might not be 100% compatible with an Intel system? I guess not, but I just wanted to be 100% sure.

I'm looking to put them in my P4P800 DELUXE for the time being - then eventually use them a little later on when I finally get round to doing a full system upgrade next year (I'll probably go AMD with my new machine)

Do you believe they would be able to perform at the listed timings of 2-3-2-6 on a P4P800 D (I intend to run the sticks on the 400mhz setting in the bios then overclock the fsb a little to bring them up to their rated speed.... - I know my CPU can handle an OC to at least 225 (from 3.0g to around 3.4g) so there's no worries there.

do you forsee any problems? Might I be better sticking with the XMS3200C2's just to be safe?

if not i'll be on the case to get a pair of those 3500LL's right away! :D:

excellent, that's good to know...

I did get a pair of 3200C2's, they're all good, I had them stable in memtest at 222fsb, but I had to relax the timings to 2.5-3-3-6 and up the voltage to 1.85 - that's all well and good, but I just cant resist the timings on those new ones.. oh, and I guess the pretty lights are quite nice too! I just feel like being a flash git for a change...hehe... :biggrin:

looks like my mates gonna get lucky and get my brand spanking new 3200C2's at a discount price... :roll:

Archived