Corsair Community

RAM Problem, CRASH! Need RMA

NIKON57

Hi there, I believe one of my memory modules in my kit have gone bad.

I have a MSI K8T-Neo-FIS2R with AMD64 3200+ w/ corsair value select 1GB kit (2x512) DDR 400.

I had the computer setup fine and placed one memory module in the motherboard in DDR SLOT #1 and turned on the computer, it booted fine XP started so on. Then I said ok fine that works, then I put in stick two in SLOT # 2 . The computer starts, POSTS and windows goes to load and CRASH!

take out stick 1, put stick two into slot # 1, start and CRASH.

Retry both sticks in both slots. Crash.

Will only work with the first stick of memory.

I know what I am doing, I have been building computers for 10 years. So there isn't some issue where I haven’t placed the module in all the way.

I need to make a post to get a number so I can send it back for RMA.

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived