Corsair Community

TwinX1024-3200XLPRO with DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D

plamalice

Hi, i've been having stability issues with my memory since i bought it a while ago.

I'm currently running the -3 BIOS from DFI.

Memory is TwinX1024-3200XLPRO

CPU is AMD64 3500+ (0.13 micron version)

MemTest86+ reports over 100 errors running test #8. (All other tests are running fine).

Tried every possible memory timings option possible.

Memory is rated 2-2-2-5 @ 400Mhz . Although, with these settings, Windows will hang or reboot every 5 minutes. Linux handles it a bit better but will end up locking up.

I tried CAS 2.5 .. that didnt help either.

The only way to get "some" stability (crash/hang about once per hour) is to run memory at 180Mhz (DDR360)

System is also unstable with only 1 DIMM inserted. Although the problems are a lot less frequent and MemTest86 does not return as many errors (even considering it only tests 512MB instead of 1024MB).

I tried using the memory into another system. Not running Dual-Channel though (ASUS K8VSE Deluxe. Socket754). Memory also showed stability issues in that system ... I didnt test extensively though.

I tried everything i could think of to no avail.

Memory is rev 1.1

Mobo is rev 1.0

DIMMs are in slot 2&4 (system will not boot 1&3)

Heat is not an issue - No temperatures above 45C (Using external thermal-probes).

A different power supply was also used (with all HW disconnected) with the same results...

----------

As you can see, i tried a lot of things, but if you think of anything i might have overlooked, please let me know.

Thanks for your time,

plamalice

I seem to have found the solution...

I changed the chipset voltage to 1.6V (default 1.5V) and everything is running fine so far...

MemTest86+ ran 2 passes of test #8 without any errors.

Too bad i will now hear even more of that incredibly loud DFI chipset fan :P

Archived