Corsair Community

Stability Problems with AV8 and TWINX1024-3200LL

Ryanthusar

Hello

i have stability problems with my new system, but only the board and the cpu are new in the system

when i want to install windows there are many "missing" files but the cd is ok

when i change command rate from auto to 2T there are no one missing file when i want to install windows

but i receive bluescreens during installations and after

abit support told me to increase the ddr voltage to 2.8V and to change CL to 3.0

can i increase the voltage or is it bad for my memory? what about the warranty?

when i change CL to 3.0 i can't do anything and i have to clear the cmos

when i load the spd i have 2-2-2-6 and this timings are writen on the memory too, but i think i must use 2-3-2-6 or slower timings?

CMX512-3200LL v1.1

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have (Cass 2-3-2-6 with the Rass to Cass set to "3"), and then test the module/modules one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Hello

i tested each module alone with 2.7x volts, 2-3-2-6 timings and command rate 2T with the newest memtest+

then i tested both modules together with the same configuration

then i changed the command rate to 1T and after that i changed the RCD to 2 and i had with no one configuration an error with memtest

i don't think that the memory is defective. i had changed this board with the same but it does not changed that i had problems, most time only little problems that programms crashed without reason, but sometimes i had bluescreens, mostly when i had command rate at auto, the voltage at default and in the windows installation

i think the san diego shouled work properly with my rams with 2-3-2-6 and command rate 1T, or not?

Archived