Corsair Community

CMX512-3200C2 - Again?

jam100

I bought a stick of this about 15 months ago and its worked great. I now want to buy a second stick (its now half the price!) but want to make sure that there will be no issues buying these so far apart in time. Not sure if there are different versions that may have come out since then and may cause compatibility issues.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums, jam100!

Yes, there have been revision updates that may make matching your old module difficult.

Also, with a s754 Athlon 64, it might not run above DDR333 (or at all) depending on your luck. The memory controllers in those CPU's don't like mixed/matched memory modules... hence why Corsair has TwinX packs (yes, I know it would have been expensive).

What revision is your memory, btw? How to Read the Memory Label

PLUR

CK

• Corsair Employees
There are currently 4 revisions active, in other words we would build this part with any of those revisions depending on IC availability. It’s best not to mix memory, so if you are trying to add to what you have now you should match the modules part# and revision. And that can be hard to do, because many resellers will not know the revision #.

Archived