Corsair Community

noob. please help

tktran215

i just added another stick of corsair cmx512-3200c2pt 512MB DDR400 PC3200 XMS. i'd like to know a tested, OC'ed setting for my setup.

my pc was mildly OC'ed by a friend of mine. the settings are below.

i don't even know what to search for. if anyone could help me out, or at least tell me what to search for, i'd really appreciate it. TIA.

RAM: 1 gig, 2 modules of corsair cmx512-3200c2pt

CPU Freq: 185 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.63 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 185MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

The Enthusiasts Only forum isn't moderated by the Official Corsair guys. FYI.

Regardless, I need to know the core on your CPU... I'm assuming it's a 333 FSB version and the Barton 2600+ was a 11.5 multiplier.

Sooooo... while the only way you'll find "tested" settings is to get them yourself (sorry, everybody's system is different and, frankly, we have no idea just how your system will overclock), the best bet here is to drop the multiplier and try increasing the FSB...

You can leave most of the settings you had there alone and increase the CPU VCore by 0.05 volts to see if you can hit a higher FSB with that...

Anyway you go, I'd read Overclocking Your AMD Athlon XP as it's got lots of good information for you.

PLUR

CK

The Enthusiasts Only forum isn't moderated by the Official Corsair guys. FYI.

Regardless, I need to know the core on your CPU... I'm assuming it's a 333 FSB version and the Barton 2600+ was a 11.5 multiplier.

Sooooo... while the only way you'll find "tested" settings is to get them yourself (sorry, everybody's system is different and, frankly, we have no idea just how your system will overclock), the best bet here is to drop the multiplier and try increasing the FSB...

You can leave most of the settings you had there alone and increase the CPU VCore by 0.05 volts to see if you can hit a higher FSB with that...

Anyway you go, I'd read Overclocking Your AMD Athlon XP as it's got lots of good information for you.

PLUR

CK

thanks. i appreciate the help.

Archived