Corsair Community

No post with 2x TWINX 1024-3200

poweld

I've just swapped out my old P4 and its motherboard for an MSI K8T Neo-V motherboard / AMD Athlon 64 2900+. Unfortunately, the two sticks of TWINX 1024-3200 that I recently got wont get the system POSTing. The system does, however, run with two 256 MB DDR266 sticks installed. I would be most disappointed if the memory and mobo aren't compatible, but the specifications do match. The only thing I can think of is that the mobo doesn't use memory matching. Please help!

Thank you.

Can you tell me our modules part# (How To Read the Memory Label) off of the label on the module? And have you tried to reset your bios with just our module or modules installed?

The module's model number is as follows: CMX1024RE-3200. I had already talked to MSI, and yes, they had me reset the bios with this memory installed, still to no avail (no POST).

Edit: In case you need a better idea, here are links on newegg (where I purchased both the ram and board)

Ram - http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820145509

Board - http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813130498

MSI K8T Neo-V = Socket 754 board

Socket 754 systems aren't compatible with REGISTERED ECC memory, which is what you have.

Well to be honest I'm extremely happy to hear this, and not "We have no idea". Thank you very much for the speedy responses and diagnosis...unfortunately I'm now holding onto two modules that I spent a chunk on but can't use! :[pouts:

Is there any way that I can exchange this module with Corsair for a non-RE model of close to equal value? If so, what kind should I be looking for in terms of gaming performance? If you can't already tell, it's been a long time since I upped my memory, and am a little out of the game...some suggestions would be much appreciated. Again, thank you for the great support!

Well, luckily enough today is the 29th day since I purchased the ram, tomorrow marking the last day they would really do anything for me. The best they can do is RMA the modules for a refund, minus a 15% restocking fee ($50...ouch). I have also gone ahead and ordered a new pair from them, TWINX2048-3200C2 Pro, as per your suggestions. I'll post again when the new stuff has been delieved to me / to the hungry spots in my motherboard (hopefully by the weekend).

Just got the non-ECC modules yesterday. Give yourselves a pat on the back, 'cause my system is all set now. All I need to do now is get a program that will monitor my heat from Windows so I can fiddle with some OCing. :D:

My hat is off to you guys.

Archived