Corsair Community

Another bad VS512MB400 module (1 out of 2)

tfnico

Hi,

I bought a double kit with two memory modules (VS1GBKIT400) from Norwegian distributor Komplett. This kit contained two identical VS512MB400 modules.

One of the modules did not work at all. I sent it back to Komplett and recieved a new one. The new one worked fine at first, but turned out to be unstable. The machine would bluescreen 3-4 times a week, and during active use every 10-30th minute.

I ran an extensive memTest on it (ran all night), but it said the memory was in order. I tried shifting the modules in different slot, but the result was the same.

I then ran the computer without the new module for a week without a single bluescreen.

The probability of recieving two dysfunctional modules in a row is astronomically small, but I suspect Komplett sent me a module they got back from another unsatisfied customer, thinking maybe it would work. Komplett has been ignoring my request to return the module ever since.

Hope you can offer me some tips or otherwise allege me for an RMA.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

• Corsair Employees

Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

In addition, with this MB when you install 2 modules I would suggest they be installed in slots 2-3 or 1-3. But please test them one at a time first and lets make sure one is not failing.

• 2 months later...

Archived