Corsair Community

Corsair 2x512 400mhz pc3200 cl2(v5.1,v5.2)

dr0n

Hello guys. I have few questions. First i had 512 rams of Corsair pc3200 400mhz cl2 XMS, then i bought another pair of same Corsair rams(pc3200,400mhz,cl2) on label old ones have v5.1 new ones v5.2(verion). Will they work together(and i think its hard to find in stores same v[ersion])? When theyr single on mobo they work fine. But when they are togerher(both of rams) they working with some troubles and errors(in 1&2ddr slots). Sometimes i get blue screen with white text on it(with some codes) then my pc reboots itself. When i play css, enemy territory, cs1.6 sometimes i get error like "Internal driver error in IDirect3DDevice9::Present()" then it shut down css and going back to windows, but this error is appearing only when im playng css other games just shutting down or appearing blue screen. So anybody knows what problem can be ?

PC : Amd athlon 64 3000+(2ghz) @ 2.4ghz, EPoX 8KDA3J, asus 6600gt/td

Memory Timings :

@ 200 MHz 3.0-3-3-8 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

@ 166 MHz 2.5-3-3-7 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

@ 133 MHz 2.0-2-2-6 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

(taken from Everest home)

Thank you :!:

You will just have to try it. Sorry but we only test our Twinx sets with 2 modules. But I would set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and use slots 1-3 or 2-3 and set the memory voltage to 2.7 Volts then test with http://www.memtest.org.

BIG BIG BIG thanks to RAMGUY seems that my problem is now solved. Im glad that corsairmemory corporation have very nice forum like - http://www.asktheramguy.com thank you again !

• 2 weeks later...
one more question : so it's like my v(version is not same) and my ddr is working in not dual acctualy, iv changed timings to 2,5-3-3-7 & T1. And the queston is are this timings working on both ram's ?:confused:

Archived