Corsair Community

Twin X1024-3700 problems

s-man

I have been running this memory since 7/2003 with no problems. I started getting bios error about 2 weeks ago. Now I get nothing, screen is blank, no beeps. So, I removed one of the sticks, and computer started booting up. It locks up after the Hyper-Threading Enable shows on the screen. I switch sticks out and I get the same thing. I tried this memory in another computer and got the same results. Finally, I tried different memory into this motherboard and computer booted up fine.

My conclusion is the memory sticks are bad. Any help would be much appreciated.

Can you tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Bios version is 1.5. Every setting was done by the bios except the memory. I did have a problem with this memory at the start of my build. Your forum gave me the memory settings, but I can't remeber what they were. I wish I could give you more info.

Hopefully this helps.

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to Cas 3-3-3-8 at DDR400 no over clock and then test the module/modules one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived