Corsair Community

2 1GB sticks behaving badly

Avrojet

Hi,

I have been having some issues with two sticks of VS1GB400C3.

When playing Battlefield 2 (very memory intensive) I get crash to desktops after around 30 minutes when using both sticks in dual channel (not overclocked and @ SPD)

The sticks are labeled as:

1)

VS1GB400C3

780- 0533008-0 -012543

2)

VS1GB400C3

780- 0533008-0 -012544

I have tested the sticks on the following two systems. The problem occurs with both:

1st system:

A64 3200+ Venice

Epox 9NPA+ NF4 Ultra

2nd system:

XP 2500+ Barton

Abit NF7-S Rev.2

When only using one stick at a time the crashes have only happened once or twice during many hours of testing. I cannot rule the problem down to one of the sticks though, because it mainly occurs during dual channel use after a steady 20-30min of playing.

I have already run Memtest, Prime95, SuperPi etc and all have passed without errors which is strange.

I have tried increasing the VDimm from 2.7V to 2.8V. The result is that it becomes even more unstable and crashes after one minute. I have also checked the timings and manually set them to 3-3-3-8, which made no difference.

Strangely enough setting the CMD-Rate to 2T makes the modules more unstable and they crash after about a minute under BF2. Running them under 1T lets them run for about 20-30 minutes before crashing to desktop.

The problem is definately down to the RAM because I have tried several other brand named memory modules and they all run the game stable for extended periods of time in contrast to the corsair sticks.

There has got to be something not right with the modules because I have tried everything possible to make them run stable. Not even stock SPD settings are stable, which is just not right.

It looks like I will need an RMA to sort this problem out.

• Corsair Employees

Well what you have posted would suggest some other problem to me. However I have no problem replacing your modules if you want to try that.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• Corsair Employees
I have already run Memtest, Prime95, SuperPi etc and all have passed without errors which is strange.

This statement tells me its not a memory problem, I would try and post this at a few other forums like http://www.houseofmobos.com and see if you can figure out the problem. Most likely PSU or configuration issue from what you have posted.

Archived