Corsair Community

Corsair VS512MB400 problems

Chrizz

Hi !

For some time now i got the problems that Windows cant "read" my memory and i got all kind of problems in both games and in Windows.

Last time the hole computer crashed and when the computer finished starting up i got the "Error message" that read like this:

"Your system crashed because the random access memory containing Windows program code was corrupted", etc etc etc and that Windows couldnt find the problem so it "asked" me to test Windows memory program to test my memory so i did that and one of the test failed, this is the one:

Test: WINVC

Cache: On

Adress: 0048fd0c

Expected: bfbfbfbf

Actuall: bfbfbfbe

Might this be the problem that makes my hole computer preety damn stupid ? Like i said games like CS and BF2 crashes and Windows tells me the memory could not be "read".

Maybe i can get a RMA from Corsair ? :)

Forgot to tell you, i got 2 x 512 of this memory in DDR-DIMM, rest of the system specs you can see in "Chrizz PC Specs

One more thing i forgot to tell you is it that the computer keeps rebooting some times, saw from jkari that he had the same problems like me with the rebooting and some failed tests in the memtest program.

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Thx RAM Guy for answering.

I did what you said and changed the W to 2.7, it standed on 2.6. And the timings was already on "By SPD".

I downloaded the memtest and booted it.

The test failed 1 time on test nr 3, 3 times on test nr 4 and 17 times on the test nr 6.

So now i have requested a RMA and will hopfully get an answer today or towmorrow ( The timezone is preety different here and at your place. )

Ask something more if you want to :):

Thx !

// Christian

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I think I have the same problem. When I installed another 512 module I started to get blue screens (Yes its the same model as the one I had before). I havnt tried to raise the volts because I was wondering wether I should raise it to 2.72 from what ever I had before? It is set to Auto now and I cant find where to look for how many volts that is.

And by the way.. from what I can see I can only choose between 2.7V and 2.75V

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived