Corsair Community

What do I do Ram Guy?

demon222

I've got a P4P800-e Deluxe, with either a 3.0 or 3.2 cpu, and all this is powered buy an Antec 480 Watt. The person i'm building this rig for isn't a major gamer but wants XMS vs value select. Two bars of 512 is what we are looking for. I was thinking about the Twinx1024-pc3200c2. Not looking for the best of the best, as i have said this person isn't a major gammer, but when this person does game they want speed. What you think Ram Guy (and friends) :laughing: :laughing: :D: :D:

I'm just going to ask my next question here instead of starting a new thread. I have a P5AD2-E Prem board and a 3.2 chip. I am looking for some good gaming memory that i wont' go broke getting. I was looking that the TWINXa-1024 5400UL. What you guys think ?

ealier in this thread i asked about Ram for my girlfriends computer. Well because of recent events I have been able to get a 3.4 for myself and i'm giving the 3.2 to my girlfriend. This is a double question.

She will have:

Asus P5p800

Intel 3.2

Antec 480 power supply

It takes DDR so i was wondering if the Corsair pc3200C2 would still be your choice if she wanted to play more advanced graphic games.

I will have:

Asus P5AD2-E Premium

Intel 3.4 (supports 64 bit)

Antec 550 power supply

It was recommended that i get the Corsair XMS5400UL. Would this still be the best choice?

• 2 weeks later...

Ram guy I know your busy so i'll get to the point.

The TWINX1024-3200C2 and the TWINX1024-3200C2PT.

Is there a major difference? I have been doing some light research and so far nothing bit. I'm about to go explore what corsairs site as to say about each. The rig the memory will be put into will have some overclocking but nothing to major. It will be an Asus AI auto overclock board so i'm guessing 5%...10% max.

Orignianlly the C2 was my choice but the C2PT has not show me much difference and i found it on sale. I do not mind giong with the C2 if its better. Oh lastly the motherboard that this memory will be used with has the Intel 865PE chipset.

Ram guy I know your busy so i'll get to the point.

The TWINX1024-3200C2 and the TWINX1024-3200C2PT.

Is there a major difference? I have been doing some light research and so far nothing bit. I'm about to go explore what corsairs site as to say about each. The rig the memory will be put into will have some overclocking but nothing to major. It will be an Asus AI auto overclock board so i'm guessing 5%...10% max.

Orignianlly the C2 was my choice but the C2PT has not show me much difference and i found it on sale. I do not mind giong with the C2 if its better. Oh lastly the motherboard that this memory will be used with has the Intel 865PE chipset.

Either would do. The only meaningful difference between the CMX512-3200C2 (TWINX1024-3200C2) and the CMX512-3200C2PT (TWINX1024-3200C2PT) is that the 3200C2 has a black heat spreader versus a platinum-colored heat spreader on the 3200C2PT. In this case, then get whichever is less expensive.

Archived