Corsair Community

Bad CMX512-3200PT

tdytaz

Last week my computer stopped loading windows. I tried several times to reload it without any succes and eventually ended up getting a boot sector virus message. After no success clearing it with any Norton Product I took the computer to PCI Computers. They called me back saying that the could fine nothing wrong with the hard drive but I had bad memory modules installed. I asked them which one and was told they were all bad. All four cmx512-33200PT memory modules I have installed were testing bad on their equipment. I asked if I had a problem with my motherboard and was told that the motherboard was working fine. How do I go about sending these back in to find out if they are in fact bad.

• Corsair Employees
That would suggest some other problem, it would be unlikely that all four modules would fail at the same time. Can you test them one at a time and I would set the Dim or DDR Voltage to 2.75 Volts and with this MB you will have to disable legacy USB when running any memory test.

That would suggest some other problem, it would be unlikely that all four modules would fail at the same time. Can you test them one at a time and I would set the Dim or DDR Voltage to 2.75 Volts and with this MB you will have to disable legacy USB when running any memory test.

I took the computer to a local repair shop and they tested it and said that all four of the memory modules were testing bad. I asked them if the motherboard was working alright and they said that the motherboard was checking out just fine but all of the memory modules were running extremely hot even on their machines.

Archived