Corsair Community

Suggested Voltage and Timings 3200C2twins

Petz

:confused:

First of all let me say I am loving my new Corsair RAM. Could not be happier!!!!

When I first built this system I had Kingmax sticks. These however would not run under windows 64bit edition in dual channel mode without giving constant blue screens of death(single channel was fine). The people at Kingmax were no help and I would not recommend anyone buy RAM from them. Now moving on.

My system specs are

AMD 3800+ X2 CPU

Gigabyte GA-K8N ultra sli MOBO

7800 GTX

2GB corsair TwinXcas2

Using auto config (by spd) the system is stable. However I don't think that these are the optimal settings for this RAM. What would people suggest for this RAM? Also what would people suggest as the best memory tester?

ATM im thinking either

2.5-3-3-6

or

2.5-3-3-8(or 11) as ive heard these loosened timings can increse performance.

Not sure about the command rate 1T or 2T? Don't think CAS2 is on the cards since the docs I have seen say 2.5 for AMD systems and I tried 2 and got lock ups.

Im not looking to overclock. I am however after the best possible performance and stability compromise. Whats the storey with gigabytes voltage settings as well. Why not make it easy for people, whats this +0.1v? Why not just give me voltages like 2.75 and 2.8 to select. Currently running 2.8 volts according to nvidia monitor

/end rant

I can run 2-3-3-8 on mine at 2.6v. I know some sites say AMD must use 2.5 cas, but that's just not the case. Mine does 2 cas with no problem, but don't plan on overclocking at 2. I had to drop it to 3 (@2.65v)in order to push my FSB up to 225 without errors. Let me know if you need any help, I'd love to compare notes with someone who has the same memory.

I can run 2-3-3-8 on mine at 2.6v. I know some sites say AMD must use 2.5 cas, but that's just not the case. Mine does 2 cas with no problem, but don't plan on overclocking at 2. I had to drop it to 3 (@2.65v)in order to push my FSB up to 225 without errors. Let me know if you need any help, I'd love to compare notes with someone who has the same memory.

Thanks for the tips. When I tried cas2 before I couldn't get it to run. Stock voltages on the CPU and +0.2v on the ram which if you ask nvmonitor is 2.8v on the RAM 1.3v on the cpu. I think nvMonitor is lieing though and just getting these settings from the bios because they dont change(not sure if thats because im in windows 64 bit edition) is it meant to be live data?

Anyway I was reading some overclocking threads last night to check the stock voltages for the cpu. Seems there are two 3800+ X2 each has different voltages. So i loaded up cpuz to see what I had. When I did I saw the cpu voltage was consistantly under 1.3volts. Assuming this was not good, and hearing the processors could live with some extra volts easily, even on air . I pumped the voltage in the bios up a bit. 1.325v in bios. At the same time I uped the bus to 225 just to see what would happen. On booting I got errors. So I backed the bus down to 220 same voltage. Seems stable so far. Going into CPUZ the voltage reported seems to bounce between around 1.296 to 1.328. Settles around 1.312 at idle

What do people think?

- Leave this overclock alone. Since it seems stable

- Let it burn in before going higger

- Just go faster dude faster

- Do some decent testing before continueing. I have basically done some bf2 single player in high settings and usual run of the mill multitasking music, browsing blah blah blah. The bf2 single player would bring the old kingmax RAM I had to blue screen every time so I figure its a decent quick test.

The only setting I changed so far is the FSB. So the RAM as running at

2.8v 440mhz 2.5-3-3-6 2T. I think(didnt see an option for 1T)

P.S. CPUZ reports revison JH-E6 for the CPU

Im thinking a bit more voltage to the CPU and I might sneak 225 FSB like ptjoshua is running. Havent tried yet

*** EDIT Just tried ***

Didnt want to start windows at 225 FSB. I don't really want to role back to cas3. Unless There are great proformance benefits to be seen by doing it. Think I might sit on 220mhz for a while. Thats going from 2000mhz to 2200mhz. I feel happy with that for now and it was easy as pie to do.

Appreciated

Petz

Archived