Corsair Community

CMX 1024-3200C2 v2.1 + ASRock 939Dual-SATA2

tomtom_1

Hi,

I have a problem with my Memory Module and Memtest (version 1.60) in Test 8.

My current timings are: 2,5-3-3-6-1T (CPU running with 1.8 Ghz)

It fails even when i underclock the ram to PC333 ...

Only when I lose the timing to 2.5-3-3-6-2T its runs through.

All parameter i can tweak quiet well but the 1/2T Timing seem to be very complicated.

Amd specifies that as long as u have up to 2 modules in the system u can run them in 1T setting.

The Power Supply is not that much under load the whole system takes under full load just 105 watt.

Another question!!! Which Chip brand/type is used in this Module?

thanks in advance,

--thomas

• Corsair Employees

The Power Supply is not that much under load the whole system takes under full load just 105 watt.

Where are you getting 105 Watts? The CPU alone would be about 100 Watts 24 Watts for memory plus the Video card and other devices you have listed would be about 250-280 Watts minimum.

In addition, Command Rate is not really a memory setting it would be more dependant on the MB CPU and PSU. I would suggest testing the modules in a known working system to be sure. And you can use a PSU Calculator like the one you will find at this forum under power supplies to calculate the PSU you will need and you should add about 10-20% to the final number if you plan of using a generic PSU.

I have the same problem with the same board and the same memory :(

Alot of people are experiencing problems with 1T with various types of memory, that is memtest fails on #8 if it's set to 1T. No bios fixes it 'yet' but hopefully ASRock will get on it and fix the other things wrong with the board.

Archived