Corsair Community

Giga-Byte GA-7VRXP issue with CMX1024-3200C2 RAM

RebaR

My current hardware:

Giga-byte GA-7VRXP bios F11

Athlon XP 1900+

2 x CMX512-2700LLPT

I went to the Corsair Memory Guide to to upgrade RAM from 1GB to 3 GB for my motherboard. For the highest density, it said I could use CMX1024-3200C2 or CMX1024-3200C2PT. I have purchased the CMX1024-3200C2PT and I get an error in Device Manager. My VIA CPU to AGP controller states that "there are not enough resources for this device. Please free up some resources." This causes my AGP not to work making video a sluggish nightmare.

I have tried every setting change in the BIOS that I can think of, but I get the same error when OS boots. I have put my origional RAM back in, but I was wondering if this new RAM really does work with my motherboard or what settings I am missing to get this RAM to work.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

• Corsair Employees

I would not suggest mixing memory, you can use 2 XMS3200LL modules or 2 XMS3200C2 modules but you should not mix these 2 together. Sorry

Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Please make sure that might not have to set the memory at DDR333 or DDR266 if you install more than 2 modules.

I would like to use 3 x CMX1024-3200C2PT on my pc. I can choose 333, 266 or AUTO for my memory settings. Should I start with forcing it to run at 333 or AUTO?

• Corsair Employees
You will need to check the spec. According to the chipset specification, if you install more than 3 Banks of memory ( All 512 Meg modules are normally double rank) you would need to run the memory at PC-2100 speed. I would try DDR 266 and work your way up from there. Also I would set the Dim Over voltage control to +.2 Volts as well.

Archived