Corsair Community

Problem twinx 2048-3200C2

Manuel Spadoni

• Corsair Employees
You will need to use the -2 Bios from DFI and I think there is a newer version as well. Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

If they test fine @ 200 Mhz, 2-3-3-6, +0.2 volts, then there's nothing wrong with them.

I can't set 6-3-3-2 is unstable with cas 2 at 200Mhz , I run stable only at cas 2,5.

At 200MHz cas 2 I have tried 2,7 2,8 2,9 3,0 3,1 and 3,2 volt on vdimm but the computer is unstable.

In my test at 200MHz cas 2,5 the computer is stable with 2,8 vdimm and at 210Mhz is table with 2,9 vdimm but only with cas 2,5 ( If I raise the clock over the 210Mhz the computer become unstable).

Al lot of user in internet report a stable 6-3-3-2 200MHz or 230 MHz cas 2 overclock with 2,8 vdimm but not is the my case.

:(

• Corsair Employees

I have no problem replacing your modules if you like, but you might try a bigger PSU with your system and see if that helps based on what you have posted.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

I have no problem replacing your modules if you like, but you might try a bigger PSU with your system and see if that helps based on what you have posted.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

I have the Cooler Master Real Power 550Wat PSU.

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure you have the latest BIOS installed for your MB (download the Beta version) and load optimized defaults settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

Genie BIOS/DRAM Configuration

DRAM Frequency Set: 2:1 or 400MHz or 200 (if option are 133/166/200)

Command per Clock: Enabled

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

And leave the rest at AUTO setting

Genie BIOS

FSB BUS Frequency: 200

LDT/FSB Frequency ratio: 5X

LDT Bus Transfer Width: 16 16

CPU/FSB Frequency ratio: Auto

PCI Ex: 100

K8 cool N’ quiet: Disable

CPU VID Start Up Value: 1.55

CPU VID Control: 1.55

CPU VID Special Control: Auto

Chipset Voltage Control: 1.6

DRAM Voltage Control: 2.7

All other settings are motherboards defaults

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

OK, I have executed many tests with the indicated configuration.

With memtest 200MHz CAS 2 stable but Windows XP is unstable I have tried to reinstall windows but dosen't work

With memtest 200Mhz Cas 2,5 stable and Windows Stable

I have tried Corsair mem in another DFI a LanParty SLI normal same problem.

CAS 2 Dosen't Work in windows

CAS 2,5 Work

Maximun Overclock with Cas 2,5 210Mhz.

According to the Corsair parameters the memories work, but My disappointment is the fact that running like the Corsair Value of my friend, same CAS but minor overclok and much price.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived