Corsair Community

RMA request

flunders

Hello.

I own 1gig CMX512-3200XLPro. One stick works perfect. The other get repeated fails using Memtest. I have tested with different motherboards and get the same results. Sometimes the faulty stick fails to start when I switch on the computer.

So RMA is needed.

Also I live in the UK so I'm I in the right forums or is there a UK based one?

Thanks

Flunders

• Corsair Employees
These modules have a minimum suggested voltage of 2.75 Volts, and if you have not set the memory voltage it may be the cause. Can you tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

The voltage has always been 2.75 Volts and even tried 2.85 Volts but still no luck. I'm using Asus PC4800-E Deluxe (1023 bios) with 200fsb on both cpu and memory and with the default timings 2225. No other extra settings.

I have tested the faulty stick on its own many times, even with the timings loosened. It really is dying...

• Corsair Employees
With this MB you would have to Disable Legacy USB when running any memory test. But if that is set and you still have thie error please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Tested it again with Legacy USB disabled and still recieved an error within 3% of testing with Memtest86+.

Just submitted there now, but when it asked to enter state... it was a bit hard when I live in the UK. I just put my county. Will there be a problem with this?

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them both replaced. You can try your reseller as well as many off shore resellers will provide their own service. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Ok, I got the RMA number.

Quick question before I send the memory. Do I need to write my return address when sending it?

Also, this was below the RMA number.

"Part Number: TWINX1024-3200XLPRO

Number of modules: 1"

Should it not be 'Number of modules: 2'? Since there are two memory modules. Or do they mean just the package since it comes as 1 whole package.

Archived