Corsair Community

ASUS P4C800 Deluxe. What RAM?

t0ny

(I HAVE CHECKED THE CORSAIR RECOMMENDATIONS!!)

Could someone please recommend RAM for my system, I would like 1GB; so I am sure I would need some TwinX 512 for dual channel, just not sure on what speed to go for.

I have used the system on the Corsair web page, but it recommends 3200 speed RAM, where on other forums I have read that 3500, 3700 would be better? I really don't understand all this!!

I mainly use Photoshop CS2, Dreamweaver 8 and play the latest games. (Check my setup in the dropdown especially to see my current RAM)

Thanks for any help

Simply put, PC3200 memory is the correct speed if you DO NOT plan on overclocking, something like TwinX1024-3200XL would be great.

If you do want to overclock, the TwinX1024-4400C25 is the best choice.

PLUR

CK

Thanks for your reply,

My Proc is a P4 2.4c that is overclocked to 3.0ghz using my current RAM, would the 3200 be able to give me the same or would i have to go for the TwinX1024-4400C25? I don't want to overclock any further than i currently am would like to stay on 3ghz, just want to get my setup to 1gb.

??

2.4 o 3.0 is an increase on the FSB to 250MHz which is PC4000 memory.

I'd go with the PC4400C25 as it'll garauntee that the RAM can keep up with that speed, 1:1.

PLUR

CK

Hmm, unfortunately I can't afford to get that RAM, will Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200C2PT Platinum CAS2 definately not get me to my current overclock, would I be better sticking with my 512MB XMS PC3700???

Is it worth trying to sell the XMS PC3700 to raise the money or would it be unlikely someone would want that?

• Corsair Employees
XMS4400C25 would be the fastest part we make and would run at the speed you have your XMS3700's now with out problem, but maybe another choice would be Twinx1024-3200XL as they are made with the same IC's as our XMS4400C25 will over clock well. Other wise I would keep what you have now.

XMS4400C25 would be the fastest part we make and would run at the speed you have your XMS3700's now with out problem, but maybe another choice would be Twinx1024-3200XL as they are made with the same IC's as our XMS4400C25 will over clock well. Other wise I would keep what you have now.

Thanks for you help Ram Guy,

Ok, so if I get myself some Twinx1024-3200XL's I might be able to keep my current overclocking?

Wondering if the 2.4 to 3ghz overclock is worth more than the 512mb to 1gb?

I have read some brilliant reviews on the XL's...

In conclusion the Corsair TwinX PC3200XL is nothing short of the fastest memory we have tested here at OcPrices. As well as having the tightest timings at DDR400 speeds, it also performs better than virtually all PC4000 we have tested at DDR500 speeds – a huge achievement. At £195ex VAT from most UK retailers, despite being a few pounds more expensive than other top end PC3200 memory, it has enough of an edge in the overclocking stakes to earn our Editors choice award.

You might and you might not, no garauntees. The 3200XL's are garaunteed to run at DDR400, the 4400C25's are garaunteed to run at DDR550.

But... the 3200XL's have a very good record of OC'ing and will probably give you a very good overclock, if not just as well as your current rig.

PLUR

CK

Archived