Corsair Community

Dell Dimension 3000 and Corsair Value Select memory

pete7505

Welcome to the forums, pete7505!

Corsair only reccommends system-select modules for OEM systems because they're notoriously picky when it comes to memory and they don't provide the BIOS options to fix the issue.

In your case, you see what usually happens.

However, you should try running ONLY the VS module and see if that helps at all.

Other than that, I would suggest returning the module and using one of the suggested modules like the CMSS1GB-400 (1GB PC3200). Check out the Memory Configurator for other compatible modules.

PLUR

CK

Welcome to the forums, pete7505!

Corsair only reccommends system-select modules for OEM systems because they're notoriously picky when it comes to memory and they don't provide the BIOS options to fix the issue.

In your case, you see what usually happens.

However, you should try running ONLY the VS module and see if that helps at all.

Other than that, I would suggest returning the module and using one of the suggested modules like the CMSS1GB-400 (1GB PC3200). Check out the Memory Configurator for other compatible modules.

PLUR

CK

Thanks. I had aleady tried all possible combinations. I have received my rma from newegg, and am going to buy two 512mb cms modules, as Dell says matched pairs work best. I appreciate the response. :):

Archived