Corsair Community

RMA request: VS1GBKIT400 1GB Kit DDR400 PC3200 CAS2.5

TBoardman

Purchased a 1 gig kit along with a Shuttle SB81P system from zipzoomfly back in June. In late July my system started having boot issues. Sometimes it would boot fine, other times it would take 3 or 4 tries to boot into XP, sometimes it wouldn't boot for a day or two. Finally it just refused to boot at all. Called my friends at Shuttle thinking I had a bad PSU or mobo. They suggested I unplug everything, switch to onboard graphics and plug in some known good RAM, then try booting. I pulled 512mb from my other system and tried to boot. What do you know - it POSTed! I added everything back in and continued to get good boots into XP. Finally I pulled the "known good RAM" and put in 512 of the original RAM. Got a good boot, so I switched the stick into the 2nd slot, got a good boot there, too. Pulled that stick and put in the other 512, no boot in either slot. Put both sticks in together, no boot. Switched slots, no boot. Put the suspected bad stick in my other machine, no boot. My Shuttle is running fine on 1 512 stick and doesn't care what slot it's in. I've booted my machines like 70 times and I'm convinced I've got a bad stick of RAM. BTW, nothing is OC'd.

I have no idea what my mobo is, it's on the 915 chipset

P4 3.4 HT socket 775

2 SATA1.5 250gb HD's

IoMagic 16X dual layer DVD burner

ATI X300 128mb PCI express graphics

Corsair VS1GBKIT400 1GB Kit DDR400 PC3200 CAS2.5

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings to "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings to "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Voltage and speed set as requested and modules tested with memtest. As expected, the functioning module tested 100%. With the suspected bad module installed, two different systems refused to boot (since memtest couldn't even run, I'm gonna have to call that a failure).

Archived