Corsair Community

Bad Ram, Need RMA #

JayStang

I purchased 2 seperate sticks of 512 MB (PC 3200) memory. Only one of the sticks worked. When the bad stick was installed alone in the same slot that the working stick had worked in, the computer seemed to boot but no display would appear on the monitor. When switched out with the good stick of ram it worked properly.

(VS512MB400)

Thanks,

~Jamie

Let's get them both replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Thanks for the responce. I don't need them both replaced, only one of them is bad and the other is currently working in the computer now. I didn't buy the twin pack i bought both sticks seperatly (about a week apart from each other). Let me know if i can just replace one.

Thanks

~Jamie

• Corsair Employees

Jamie,

You are welcome to just get the one thats failing replaced. However, I would suggest you get them both replaced so they match. However with Value Select normally its not an issue, but if it should happen that you get a module that will not work with the one you have now, just call customer service know and they will have to replace them both.

Archived