Corsair Community

RAM failure

dunk3649

I brought my tower to a technician for a diagnostic test because it was randomly shutting down on me. It turns out I had a corrupt hard drive and a bad stick of memory. I would like to return it under the warranty, but i need a post id #. Unless the technician screwed up the memory stick is bad so i would like to return it. Thanks

Grant

What CPU / FSB / Motherboard do you have?

I have a Penitum 4/ 478/ Soltek SL-865Pro2-FGR.

What is the exact part # and revision # of each stick? Is it a TwinX pack?

How To Read the Memory Label

It is a Twin Value Select Pack. The part # is 783-0513083-0-294207. The other one is working and in my computer so i don't know.

Did he test each stick in each slot using Memtest86+?

I don't know what he used, but he's a certified computer technician. I'd assumed he'd use the correct memory tester.

Click here to add your system specs to your profile and posts!

dadfasfsad

Let's get them both replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

So I need an RMA # and a post id # so that Corsair can give me the go ahead, correct? If so, can I get those from you. I don't see what else there is to do other than ship them to you once I have those. And I've seen some messages about a new address. SHould i ship the RAM to the new address as well. Thanks a bunch.

Grant

Archived