Corsair Community

Voyager "Non-High-Speed-USB"

jotha

Hi,

since this morning I get the typical error message " This Device could reach a higher speed. You are connecting a high speed USB-Part to a non high speed-USB-Port", (Translation from German, but you know this message, don't you?") whenever I connect my Corsair 2GB Voyager. My USB-Ports are 2.0 and I get it on 4 different Computers, so it can't be an issue with the Ports. It did not happen until yesterday and i use the Stick for 4 weeks now. It also doesn't happen with other USB-devices. I would appreciate help, as it really works slooooooow in the moment. Windows also has recognized it as a new device, as it has forgotten the Drive-Letters I have assigned to the stick.

Any Idea?

Thx in advance,

It happens on every PC I connect the Stick to. I tried it on more than 10 PC´s now ( I work at a PC-Vendor). These include a Sony Vaio Notebook with Pentium M 2 GHz on XP Pro SP2, 2 Servers with Intel-Boards and Pentium 4/XEON Processors under win2003Server, and some PCs with different MoBos and AMD and Intel CPUs. I just think the Stick has died, because on the most PC's it even tells me the Stick is unformatted. I partitioned it with the utility-program, but when i replugged it, it still said it was unformatted.

I think I have to get a new one.

My System does not have a USB 1.0 Port, neither has one of the other systems I tested the Stick on. And it can not be normal that the stick wants to be formatted everytime i plug it in any port.

The stick is already on the way back to the distributor we bought it at, and I already opened a new one, which (oh wonder) works flawlessly, like the other one did for the first 10 days.

Archived