Corsair Community

RA# Please for TWINX1024-4000PRO

ninoxoxo

First of all everything has been working fine at the default settings for almost 2yrs now.

But when I first got the memory I tried to overclock and I noticed a lot of error messages during encoding. I followed the recomended setting to a T with no luck.

I got a itch to try once more so I looked up the recomended settings here and on other forums.

Setting the memory to 400 and raising the voltage to the recomended and adjusting all other settings as recomended here boots up but locks up after a short period of time. I first tried slightly overclocking my cpu with the recomended settings and the computer would not even boot.

You should have my set up already since it ask me when I registered.

I also have a very current bios that I ordered recently from Asus.

I really dont want to waste any more time on these I just want to send them in so that they will hopefully exchange them or repair them.

I bought these on Dec 7, 2003 from a mail order company called Essential Computers INC which seems to be out of business but I still have the receipt.

Can you tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

CPU External Frequency: Manually set to 200MHz or should say not over clocked.

DRAM Clock: Manually set to 1:1 or 400MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 3T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4 Bank

SDRAM VDIMM: 2.75

Performance mode [standard]

it boots with these settings but freezes after a while.

• Corsair Employees

Please try these settings and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org, since you are not over clocking your CPU.

CPU External Frequency: 200MHz

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

PAM/PAT/MAM: Auto

Performance mode [AUTO]

Please try these settings and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org, since you are not over clocking your CPU.

CPU External Frequency: 200MHz

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

PAM/PAT/MAM: Auto

Performance mode [AUTO]

Can I please just get an RA since they are not working with the recomended settings? I just sent back my video card because the fan was making noise so that computer is down and I'm stuck using a E Machine.

I'm also planing on rebuilding that machine with different case, motherboard, and CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit TWINX1024-3200XLPT.

I'm not sure on the mb yet but I was thinking about the P4P800-E or maybe one of the DFI boards. If you have any suggestions let me know.

Also I'm going to rebuild this 2.6 socket 478 E-Machine with my old P4C800-E and TWINX1024-4000PRO.

I noticed that the TWINX1024-3200XLPT has tighter advertised timings but if I add another kit of the same for a total of 2GB will the timings remain the same?

Once I get my video card back and hopefully my memory sticks back I will put in my order with newegg.

This will keep me busy for a while until I get enough cash for my next rig with that AMD 64 X2 4800+ chip.

I do a lot of video encoding so I could use more power.

Paul

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry as I cannot suggest one MB over another as it causes a conflict of interest for me. For the RMA if you just want to try replacing your modules please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived