Corsair Community

Bad Memory Module in MemTest

JOSEPH KEMP

My memory was just tested using Memtest v1.6 and revealed one module to have errors at 215 FSB...at default voltage and timings. Prior to today's test the memory had been running at default voltage/timings with FSB at 200 (default) for about 1 year. We tested one single module at a time, and only one module gave errors while the second module passed Memtest without any errors. Please advise. :wtfman:

JK

Can you tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

When running Memtest again CPU was running at 10x 210FSB, default is 11x 200FSB. Single Channel 512.

In bios memory timings were AUTO, Memtest was showing 2.5 3 3 8.

this is what Memtest displayed:

Pass 40%

Test 0%

Test #6 (Moving inverisons, 32bit pattersn)

Testing 112k-512m 512m

Patern 00000001

over 600,000 errors were found.

The other memory module goes through about 30mins with no errors at 215FSB.

• Corsair Employee
I would test them one at a time at 2.7 Volts at Cass 2-3-3-7 and if you stilll get errors Let's get them both replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them both.

I ran the test at 2 3 3 7 2.7v. Still have lots of errors. Do I need to have both replaced because one does not give any errors. I dont want to be without any memory for that long. Is there anyway I could have the memory shipped to me first if I give a credit card number?

thank you

Yes, XMS3500C2 modules are no longer in production and if they are not available we will replace them with another part#. So I would encourage you to submit the request for both and send both modules.

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there away I could get the memory sent to me first? That is the last question. :sunglasse

We are a few days behind because of system problems related to our recent move to a new building. But I would suggest you call our customer service at 888-222-4346.

I called and they sent me the RAM email. The replacement part is a 3200XL. It runs at 400mhz the 3500C2PT runs at 433. The whole idea was to be able to get a FSB of 433, thats why I spent the extra money. My 3500C2PT run fine at 400mhz, so is there any point in RMAing?

Archived