Corsair Community

A7N8X-E Deluxe & TwinX1024-3200LLPT BSOD

Wired247

I'm pairing A7N8X-E Deluxe with a Athlon XP 3200+ 400FSB and TwinX1024-3200LLPT. Whenever I set FSB to 200MHz, I get BSOD when Windows XP loads. Currently I have the FSB set at 166MHz and it is running fine, but I'm only getting Athlon XP 2500+ speeds. Do I need faster memory to achieve the full CPU speed?

I have checked the jumper, it's set on pins 1&2, that would be the top 2. I'm running bios version 1013 currently. I've also set everything on either SPD, auto or optimal. To add to the information below, I am running everything with a cooler master Real Power 450W PSU. I tried bumping the volatages to 1.7V on the CPU and 2.8V on the DDR. This allows me to go into window. Tried runing prime95 with this setting but couldn't due to hardware failure msg in Prime95. Also tried putting load on the cpu through HL2 & CSS which causes BSOD to occur again.

I ran CPU-Z and what's interesting is under memory my FSB:DRAM is 5:6 and the timing is 2,2,2,6. I always thought The LL series had 2,2,2,5 settings.

Well this don't make sense.

First off as a side note: This is a MOBO/CPU issue and not a RAM issue.

Anyway, the jumpers are correct and your BIOS version is fine.

This may sound stupid, but are you sure your CPU is a 3200?

Also, have you contacted Asus tech support?

The LL's are rated at 2-3-2-6 @ 400MHz.

I just got done replacing the asus mobo with an MSI K7N2 Delta 2 and I have the same issue. I'm beginning to think it's the CPU as I've tried every combination possible between the Asus and MSI mobo and the 2 sets of corsair I have the PC3200LL and the PC3200XL.

"This may sound stupid, but are you sure your CPU is a 3200?"

I don't think that's stupid at all. The auto detect on the CPU multiplier is 11 so it's either a 3200 or 2500. I've checked the L12 bridge for any cuts and none were found. I did notice a cut on the L2 which is odd since that only deals witht he level 2 cache. Maybe I'm stretching here but I'm beginning to think someone just took a 2500 and put a 3200 label on it. The label looks a little raise and primed but then again I'm no expert. I'll probably try to get an exchange on the CPU. Tnx for your input.

Archived