Corsair Community

Problem with a ram

HeyMrYoshu

i bought two ram of 512 mo DDRII and only one of them worked, i tried both but didn't work too, i bought the ram at an informatic shop on Internet, so i was thinking there was no warranty and some days after i wanted to restest the ram and the slot was burning so i turned the computer off and saw that the ram was a little burnt so really not able to work, so i'm here to know what to do to get the warranty for a new one cause i never had chance to feel the price i putted on the two ram.

Thanks

Yes, but there is more than one 2 x 512 VS kits, please list the FULL MODEL NAME. I.E. VS1GBKIT533D2 or some such.

Also, define, "the ram and the slot was burning so i turned the computer off and saw that the ram was a little burnt."

Unless you severely overvolted the modules or there was a short-circuit, this would be an issue to bring up with the mainboard company and/or power supply company.

BTW, are you still trying to use the same motherboard to run your computer? Even with a burnt DIMM slot?!

PLUR

CK

The motherboard is ok, its the ram was burning, i mean i saw a little flame coming from the slot but it was the stick burning, a plate of the stick is burnt.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/mangachocobol/stick.jpg

Yes, but there is more than one 2 x 512 VS kits, please list the FULL MODEL NAME. I.E. VS1GBKIT533D2 or some such.

Also, define, "the ram and the slot was burning so i turned the computer off and saw that the ram was a little burnt."

Unless you severely overvolted the modules or there was a short-circuit, this would be an issue to bring up with the mainboard company and/or power supply company.

BTW, are you still trying to use the same motherboard to run your computer? Even with a burnt DIMM slot?!

PLUR

CK

Archived