Corsair Community

Having trouble running cl2

About a year ago i built my computer. Athlon 2000+ Corsair xms 256mb dd333 120gb wdjb Maxtor 20gb Sound blaster audigy Radeon 9800pro I went to a computer show to buy more ram today and i picked up a stick of 256mb xms dd400. Both modules should be able to run cl2. The first 256 ddr333 was running fine at cl2 until today. When i threw that new piece of ram into my machiene. Windows gave me an error at boot. It said irq not less or equal. So i suspected the ram so i decdied to slow down the timings and see what that did. I went from the turbo setting in the bios to normal and everything was fixed. What can i do to get these modules back to the trubo setting? Can a ddr333 and ddr400 module coexist? I kno teh 400 will run slower but wouldnt it still work? mike

• 2 weeks later...
Im running on an epox 8k5a3+. All the ram settings are at normal. As well as the cpu settings. Nothing is overclocked. I took out the new stick and placed it in my third dimm and it seems to be working fine. Could i have a defective ram slot.

• Corsair Employee
When mixing 2 modules that are different speeds you really need to set the timings manually to the speed of the slowest module. And I would not suggest using the performance setting. Suggested settings for XMS2700C2 with 2 modules would be: Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and you will need to set the memory Freq manually to DDR333 or 1-1 or 3-3 and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts as well. Then please run [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and I would leave the modules in slots 1-3

Archived