Corsair Community

Corsair Flash Drive Reliability.

Micro123

i am interested with the corsair flash drive, especially the design of it

but after seing so many people are complaing the drive have failed to function after some time, i thinking if i should buy them no not.

and whenever someone complain about the drive, the only solution given by ram guy is to "follow the link......" .

now i wonder, i am not from US, so if the same thing happend to me ? should i sent them on my postal expenses or the postal cost will be absorbed by Corsair ?

Another question, it was advertised that the flash drive is water resistant so on. is it warrantied or just for advertisement ??

• Corsair Employees

Well you have to put things in perspective,

First how many do you se posting with a bad Drive/module 10, 100, or even 1000 or maybe 5000? I don’t se that many do you?

Even if you do se 5000 people having trouble that’s very unfortunate but it is still less than .02% of what we sell each month. I do agree it seems that way if you read the post’s; but like ASUS when you go to there forum you se a large # of users having trouble but you have to consider the total # that the respective manufacturer makes and for ASUS they were the largest MB maker by volume for a long period of time so the same would be the case as well. In other words you may see people here reporting problems, after all that is what this is for, it’s rare that someone comes and states how great their product is. Only when they have a problem do we normally have communication on our forum.

Again we don’t want any one to have trouble but it does happen.

So with that in mind all we can do is prepare for the worst and hope for the best and do more testing than any other memory maker does. Every Drive/module is 100% tested before it leaves. I think you will find that we are one of the only ones hosting a forum and answering the questions usually with in 24 Hours excluding weekends and holidays.

thanks for the reply, but Ram-Guy, i am here not asking how fast you guys are replying the question.

I still think my questions is not answered yet.

now i wonder, i am not from US, so if the same thing happend to me ? should i sent them on my postal expenses or the postal cost will be absorbed by Corsair ?

Another question, it was advertised that the flash drive is water resistant so on. is it warrantied or just for advertisement ??

Thanks again

Corsair warranty is that the customer pays for shipping to them and they cover the shipping back to the customer. So you would have to pay for the postage to the US to RMA your product.

The device is warrantied for 10 years as long as it has not been physically altered from its original state. If your drive fails during the course of usage Corsair will replace the drive. If you cut of the rubber housing, remove the sealant, and dip it in water while its plugged in; the warranty will be void. :D:

Archived