Corsair Community

2GB SD Flash Media Card issue

Mr Miller

Okay, I'm transferring large (approx. 200MB) video files onto the 2 gig SD card and once the card filled to about 50% it didn't seem to want to allow any more "large" files. I've tranferred some additional smaller files to ensure that it still wants to write to the space but various means of transferring a 200 Meg file all seem to hang up and fail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well?

In response to both of you but first I can tell you that I have been successful transfering the file through USB to my digital camera. The other methods I was trying was the built in SD card reader on my laptop and through the USB connection to my PDA, which is where I plan on viewing the videos.

Anyway, the computer specs are Pentium M @ 1.6GHz, 512 MB DDR266 (PC2100) RAM, whatever brand Averatec uses (3300 series computer). Not sure about FSB although the documentation says "support 400MHz Processor System Bus".

Any help would be appreciated. Yes, I can now work around the problem by using my camera as a transfer device but in would be much more convenient so simply use the built in card reader.

Since it is working in your camera, I would contact the maker of that system and see if there is any known issue and or update that might solve that. But we can try replacing your drive if you like.

Appreciate the offer but I don't think that is necessary. I'm going to look for a small USB 2.0 card reader, the kind that is one piece, essentially turning my SD cards into portable flash drives. It will come in handy as I will certainly want to easilly plug SD cards into systems without card readers. Up until know I've had to use the camera to do so.

Thanks again. If I run into further problems, I'll be back!

Archived