Corsair Community

One Bad Module (Value Select VS512MB533D2)

SniperCS

I recently purchased a VS1GBKIT533D2 from ZipZoomFly.com I put it in my computer and started it up it was showing that I had an initial memory of 1GB and now it was 1.5 GB, it is supposed to be 2 GB since I already had 1 GB in there, after I took one of them out and put them back in my computer crashed it said something about a bad file and kept going to the blue screen every time I tried to boot up in any mode. I had to reboot the whole operating system, I lost all my college work, but luckily I had a backup from yesterday thank god! One of the ram modules works one doesn't. Im running a DELL Dimension 9100, 3.0 GHZ P4 HT, 160 GB HDD, Radeon X600 SE Hypermemory. This is the first upgrade that I have done and I thought it would do my computer good. The problem is definitly with the RAM because when I inserted it in my other computer which is a DELL it could not be found. I just wanted to know is there any way I can get an exchange for one of the memory sticks if one of them is already working?

Thanks,

Hassan

Well can you tell me what I do when DealRam.com tells me that this type of RAM works with my system and now when. What am I to do? One works one doesn't, I would just like a replacement for 1 of the modules, I have yet to receive a RMA number.

By the way the kit's name is VS1GBKIT533D2

-- 2 RAM Modules at 512MB each.

Thanks,

Hassan

Well can you tell me what I do when DealRam.com tells me that this type of RAM works with my system and now when. What am I to do? One works one doesn't, I would just like a replacement for 1 of the modules, I have yet to receive a RMA number.

By the way the kit's name is VS1GBKIT533D2

http://dealram.com/prices/systems/30646/1GB.html?1,4

Warning: The RAM listed below is not labeled by the seller for use with this system. However, it is the

In otherwords, they're just listing all 1 GB DDR2 modules they have in their database. They're not saying that all modules listed will work. Replacing your module may or may not help.

Compatible modules by Corsair

A Complete List of Modules Compatible with your Product

Part # Size

CMSS1GB-533 1GB

CMSS512MB-533 512MB

CMSS256MB-533 256MB

Well then how do you explain that one of the modules work with this dell and one doesn't? That doesn't make any sense, if it is not compatible it would pick the memory module. One works one doesn't and I have the kit VS1GB533D2 1GB DDR2-533 PC2-4200 Value Select Memory Retail

That should work the same exact as any other RAM, one of the 512MB modules works and one doesn't I simply want an RMA number to get new module. And no one seems to care to give me one.

Thanks,

Hassan

• 2 weeks later...
So does this thread confirm that the VS1GBKIT533D2 kit does works with Dell Dimension 9100? I need more memory too, and I had some bad luck with a 2x512 kit from OCZ. Normally, I'd probably just go with the Memory Configurator's recommendations, but its almost twice as expensive, so I'd much prefer it if this kit would work.

Archived