Corsair Community

Same part numbers, different latencies

swetmore

I have a single channel motherboard with two sticks of Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512MB DDR400 PC3200 XMS Memory. I bought one stick (stick a) about 14 months ago, and I was able to run it alone with agressive memory timings @ 2-3-3-5 @400mhz. I bought the second stick (stick b) with identical part number about 4.5 months ago from googlegear. I tested the new stick alone without stick a, and I could not get near the memory timings that was I was able to acheive with stick a. I can only get 2-4-4-7 out of the second stick. READING THE CORSAIR WEBSITE, I SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET 2-3-3-5 WITH THIS PART. So recently I downladed CPU-Z v1.20a, and I see the original stick a reports as "Corsair DDR-SDRAM PC3200 - 512 MB", and the stick b reports as "Corsair DDR-SDRAM PC2700 - 512 MB". I am completly disatisifed that Corsair packaged this memory as the same part number that I originally bought. It is obviously an inferior part thus as reflected by the slower latency timings, and obviously suited for PC2700. I want Corsair to replace the second stick that I purchased with a REAL PC3200 stick that can run the ADVERTISED memory timings of 2-3-3-5 @400mhz. HOW DO I GET CORSAIR TO MAKE GOOD ON THIS.

• Corsair Employees
Can you please list the MB and CPU that you are using with your system? The first generation of 3200 modules had a SPD of a 2700 module as there was NO 3200 JEDEC spec at the time. The SPD of all current modules are programmed with the 3200 SPD. Your older stick would have the 2700 SPD while the new stick you bought would have the 3200 SPD. We have no problem replacing a memory module that does not run at its rated speed. Please send us an email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]FORM[/URL] and or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to [email]Rma@corsairmicro.com[/email] . If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmicro.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Thank You!

I have an MSI-6547 v2.0 motherboard with the SiS645DX Chipset. I have an Intel P4 2.0 Ghz / 100 Mhz FSB running at 2500 / 125 FSB. I have had it running this way for over a year with stability problems. This is a single channel motherbaord. The original stick of memory I bought is a CMX512-3200C2 512MB DDR400 PC3200 XMS v 1.1. This stick runs totally stable ALONE at 2-2-2-7 @ 416 Mhz. The second stick I bought about 4 months ago is a CMX512-3200C2 512MB DDR400 PC3200 XMS v 2.2 I can only run this stick stable at 2-4-4-7 alone at 400 Mhz. I tried to run these chips in an Albitron Motherboard dual channel 865PE chipset this past weekend. I could not get them to work together, So I took the MB back. Maybe it was the piece of crap Albitron MB. So I will stick with MSI or ABIT. I have done more research and I want to upgrade my Motherboard to an Abit IS-7, and get a new P4 3.0c(+) chip. Are there any compatibility issues with the IS-7 with CMX512-3200C2 512MB DDR400 PC3200 XMS? Since I am wanting to go to a dual channel MB, I believe that I need a matched set of memory. I really like the results I am getting from the v1.1 of the memory modules. Can I get the bad v2.2 stick I have replaced with a version 1.1? Scott

• Corsair Employees
The two memory modules that you have use different IC's on the modules. We no longer produce 1.1 modules and would not be able to exchange revisions of modules. In order to run the two modules together you would need to run the timings of the slower module, which in this case would be 2-3-3-6 of the Rev. 2.2 module. If you have any more questions please let me know. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I have tried everything with this module, and I can not get it to even post @ 400 Mhz with 2,3,3,6. The only way I can get this memory to run on my machine is at 2,4,4,7 @ 400 Mhz. The older memory works fine. The two memory modules work ok together at 2,4,4,7 and complete MEMTEST86 with no errors at this speed. I have filled out an RMA request, and I have not heard anything back. I figured the delay is with the holidays. Can you figure out what happened with my RMA? Scott

• Corsair Employees
If you have not received a RMA # by this point in time I would suggest sending an email to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] with your information or resubmit the online form found in the warranty section of our main web page. We have been swamped by the holidays but you should have received an RMA by now. Let me know if there is anything else. Thanks.

Archived