Corsair Community

GA-8IK1100 & 1024 Twinx 3200LL

mavel

I can´t use both memory chips neither in dual channel mode nor in single channel mode. Everytime i put both on the board the system fails to boot. At least with one chip the system seems to work stable. I used Bios update f8 but nothing happened... suggestions ??? thank you for every reply !

• Corsair Employees
I would try and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts and see if that helps. Also you may want to test the modules one at a time and let's make sure you don't have a bad module

Thanks for your reply !!! what exactly do you mean with 'Cass 2.5-3-3-7'. Which Settings are affected in the bios ? and where can i set the 'Dim Voltage' ? In the Gigabyte Bios there is only the option to increase it from 0.1 or 0.3 V ? Greetings mavel!

• Corsair Employees
Please ask Giga-Byte's Tech support how to change the settings with in their bios. But there is a key stroke you have to hit to bring up the extended menus, CNTRL + F1 I believe and the Dim Voltage would be +.02 or +.03 Volts. And for the timings please use this a reference. DRAM Timing (overrides SPD values): Manual System Performance: Normal SDRAM Bank cycle time (or tRAS): 7 SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3 SDRAM RAS-to-CAS Delay (tRCD): 3 SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5

• 3 weeks later...
hi, now i have checked the settings in my bios. the auto-settings were already the settings that you suggested and setting the voltage to +0,3 didn't solve my problem. I think it is very strange, because with one ram-bar the system works fine, but everytime i install the second bar (no matter if single or dual channel mode) the boot-process fails during xp-startup-knight-rider-screen. Most of the times i get an error-message like some file is damaged. But after deinstallation of the secon bar everything works okay ... thanks in advance mavel

Archived