Corsair Community

asus a8n-e with corsair value select 1024 Kit doesn't work in dualchannel mode

grizzly42

What is the exact part number of the modules?

To be safe, you can try:

CAS - 3T

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD) - 4

Row Precharge (tRP) - 4

Cycle Time (tRAS) - 8

DDR Voltage - 2.7v

Command Rate - AUTO

And run Memtest86+ to check for errors.

PLUR

CK

Part Number? There are following numbers on the sticker:

VS512MB400

783-0530131-0219960

What BIOS do you have, btw? And what power supply?

...and what happens when it does NOT boot?

PLUR

CK

I have the newest 2008 BIOS and the Power Supply is a "Smartcooler NTX 1240 M" with 400 Watts.

The BIOS freezes before the onboard "things" get testet ...

Has it ever booted? Even with one module?

Would say from 6 times booiting it boots 2 times, doesn't matter if one modul in B1 or 2 modules ...

CPU Temperature: about 38°C and Mobotemp. is about 36° ...

If the machine runs, Standby works every time so I think the powersuply must be good ...

Possibly the mobo is faulty. I have aktivated "Numlock" but there is no light after booting (I mean aktive). Sorry about my bad English, I'm not native speaker ...

So I have to go for another mainboard, maybe a Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra-9, nForce4 Ultra will it work with my Value Select?, I had few problems with Asus Mobos (A7V with bad onboardsound noise) in the past so I'm "eaten up" from Asus ...

• Corsair Employees

VS512MB400 would be or should be Cas 2.5-3-3-8 and I would set the timings to BY SPD and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org. If you do get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived