Corsair Community

Bad sticks of RAM?

Sportz

Currently, I have 2x512 mb of Corsair XMS Pro Series running. As a gift, I got another 2 sticks of 512mb of the same exact RAM. Now, when I install both sticks, the system restarts when reaching the Windows XP Progress bar screen. Now, I have 2 sticks running version 4.1 and the other two are v4.3 and v5.2. With v4.3, everything works fine (1.5gb total), but when I add v5.2, it just restarts.

Is there a way I can get the stick(s) replaced for possibly the same revision number? This is the first time I've been having trouble with Corsair memory in 3 years.

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me our modules part# and revision of all of your modules (How To Read the Memory Label) and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Can you tell me our modules part# and revision of all of your modules (How To Read the Memory Label) and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

The part numbers are CMX512-3200C2PRO; two are v4.1, one is v4.3, and the other is v5.2. They are running on an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium motherboard running on an Athlon 64 3500+ Venice Core. The timings are auto set by the mobo for now, which are 3-3-3-8, even though it can run on 2-3-3-6 if I manually set it. CPU is running on stock speeds.

• Corsair Employees
Please try it with the timings set to Cass 3-3-3-8 at 2.8 Volts and if you still have problems please test the modules one at a time. In addition, with this platform all of the modules would need to be exactly matched, maybe a better choice if you can find another use for these modules would be to use one Twinx2048-3200C2 set of modules for best performance.

I can boot up with every stick, the problem is that when I run all 4, v5.2 doesn't want to work. The other three sticks, 2 v4.1's and v4.3 work flawlessly. Is there a possibility to maybe get a different version number so I don't put these sticks to waste? If i can get another v4.3 stick, that would do me a great favor.

No I am sorry we cannot order by revision. But you can ask our customer service if there is any way they can replace all of your modules so they all match. 888-222-4346 and dial "0" at the main menu.

Thanks for the help RAM Guy. The representative will be replacing my 4 sticks with 2x1gb. Do you happen to know if the sticks they will send will be of the same type (XMS PRO Series)?

Archived